Notch Wedge Safety Systems
Vibratory notch wedge systems available, call for details and price, can retro fit your current non-vibe systems" and "replication of these systems will cost more than an order, keep on paving ".
Willow Designs also offers on site consulting for asphalt lay down operations ranging from heavy highway to commercial applications.
We also recommend our 1 day on site seminars for contractors that have never used notch wedge joints or safety edges.
This will bring your crews immediately up to speed with techniques to achieve high quality results that we have learned over the last 15 years.
Invest in training, it pays off in the long run.
Willow Designs Notch-Wedge Safety systems build the "notched wedge joint" or "Michigan joint" that many states require for their longitudinal joint construction of asphalt highways. These systems are also capable of building the "safety wedge" that the FHA recently mandated on federally funded projects.
Built by a Contractor for Contractors.
Save Time and Money with the Notch-Wedge Safety System A Little History: Developed in 2005 for my own paving crews. The design premise was very simple: an attachment that would be light enough that ONE PERSON can handle and quickly attach while paving as well as being easily adjustable to provide a wide range of functions.
To meet the New York DOT spec for notch wedge joints, a spring loaded upgrade is now available for all notch wedge and safety edge systems, kits will also be sold individually for your current systems
From Ashpalt Pro Magazine - Schellinger Construction Hits Notch Wedge Joint Density Specs
Best Practices of Building, Compacting Notch Wedge Joints Jared Willow, proprietor of Willow Designs, shares his top tips for making notch wedge joints with Willow Designs’ system.Read More at Asphalt Pro..
Notch-Wedge Safety System Features:
- System mounts in less than 60 seconds
- Flow of material to the Notch-Wedge System is controlled by the height of the end gate
- Systems do not affect the minimum or maximum paving width of the screed
- Using these systems to build a notch-wedge joint requires no movement of the screed extension, therefore offering better mat rideability which equals more ride quality incentives ($$$$$)
- Able to match a cold longitudinal joint with systems in place
- Able to pull off cold starting joint with systems in place
- Systems have a wide range of adjustability that allows them to perform on the crown of the worst backroads
- Used by contractors in Pennsylvania, Louisiana and Hawaii
- Endorsed by John Ball of Top Quality Paving
- Original set I developed in 2005 still in use on my crew to this day
- Sold as a set (left and right, to run in tandem)
Willow Designs Notch-Wedge Safety systems build the "notched wedge joint" or "Michigan joint" that many states require for their longitudinal joint construction of asphalt hig:hways. These systems are also capable of building the "safety wedge" that the FHA recently mandated on federally funded projects.